In this day and age every device can do everything, your phone can browse web and receive emails, same with your tablet and each one of these devices have settings. We all know what a pain email can be. How about other apps or cool features? If not set just right, everything goes wrong.
We have all experienced it from getting a new computer or a new phone and trying to set up your accounts. We spend hours adjusting settings tweaking things and to no avail, it still will not work. Sometimes you feel like beating your head on the desk.
Before going crazy and throwing the new device across the room, try to follow some of these helpful steps:
- This may seem like a no-brainer, but check your power, is the battery fully charged? Is the power cord fully plugged in? This seems simple but you would be amazed how many people forget to check this.
- No matter what account such as email, websites or apps, you need the correct login and password. Write your credentials down and have someone else you trust look at them when entering them on the device, a second set of eyes can easily see a misspelled word.
- You may need to reset forgotten passwords before you do that make sure you have access to the email the reset will go to.
- Customer service, I know we all hate calling them, but that is what they are there for. Especially if it is a new device still under warranty, take advantage of that, granted it may take a couple hours of your time, but it may save you a headache later down the road.
- Another option is to walk away. Walk away from the problem for an hour or two and come back with a clear head, because sometimes in the middle of all of it, you can become really mad and mess things up worse than they already are.
These are just some basic steps to help you with IT troubles, of course sometimes hardware fails and you will need to take it into a repair shop. Hopefully, if this happens it is still under warranty.